Human Rights Award
ICAR is pleased to announce the Gwynne Skinner Human Rights Award (The Skinner Award) in honor of the late ICAR Advisor Professor Gwynne Skinner.
About Gwynne Skinner
Professor Gwynne Skinner was a Professor of Law at Willamette University. Professor Skinner also worked as an ICAR Advisor for over six years, serving as a resource, guide, mentor, and friend to the ICAR team and to our whole community of practice. Her work litigating on the front lines of corporate accountability, producing scholarship, and thought-leadership on access to remedy, parent company accountability, and a range of other issues put her at the forefront of the agenda of business and human rights.
About the Gwynne Skinner Human Rights Award
The award will be delivered in conjunction with ICAR's Annual Meeting in September of each year and will recognize the work of an individual or organization that has made a significant contribution to corporate accountability that year.
A Selection Committee of leaders in corporate accountability as well as family members of Gwynne have been appointed to lead in the selection of the recipient.
The Selection Committee includes:
- Katie Gallagher, Center for Constitutional Rights;
- Paul Hoffman, Schonbrun Seplow Harris & Hoffman LLP;
- Amol Mehra, Freedom Fund;
- Anita Ramasastry, University of Washington School of Law;
- Beth Skrypzak, Gwynne Skinner's wife; and
- Brenda Lyttle, Gwynne Skinner's sister.
If you would like to nominate someone to be recognized for this award, please complete all components below in a nomination letter:
1. Name of individual or organization;
2. Details on the specific contribution to the field of corporate accountability achieved that year;
3. Three references, including email addresses and phone numbers, for individuals that can attest to the contribution.
Deadline to submit nominations is June 1, 2018. All nominations will be kept confidential.
Please email nomination emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcements will be made in late summer with the award presented on October 26, 2018 during an Awards Ceremony at the ICAR Annual Meeting Reception.
Award recipient, or one representative from the selected organization, will be eligible for travel funding from ICAR to attend the ceremony.
For more information, please contact Ari Alvarez at email@example.com.